• Newsletter

oceanradio
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

I've never been involved in cruise ship work nor management, but I have some experience in entertainment and hospitality, and a lot of ship operations experience. Based upon those and other experiences I think I know things that some people whose occupation is managing cruise ships don't realize. The income and lives of many people depend upon the continuity of cruise ship operations. If I were managing a cruise company I would hate for my mismanagement to result in financial suffering by these people, particularly those employed by my company.

If I were buying a cruise ship I'd insist upon a few features that aren't available on the ship I'm writing from. It would be equipped with toilets that flush effectively without waking people two cabins away or requiring flushing multiple times, knowing how annoying and wasteful that is. The bathrooms would be illuminated in a way that could be controlled from within so as not to awake sleeping inhabitants of the cabin.

A comprehensive multi-media library would be provided for passengers, including reference books and books that could be taken to cabins for reading there. I don't consider specialty dining a substitute for a library or lecture.

Other than the complaint above, the cabin was fine. It came with four monstrous pillows that made sleeping difficult for me but I was able to get a normal size pillow and that helped a lot. The cabin was mostly very quiet.

7 Helpful Votes