• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Celebrity Summit Review

Editor Rating
38 Awards

Best onboard cruise experience ever!

Review for Celebrity Summit to the Western Caribbean
bmw-atl
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

This was about our 15th cruise, 4th Celebrity and 2nd time on the Summit. As far as the actual onboard cruise experience, it was absolutely fabulous! There were only 247 passengers on ship that accommodates about 2,500, with a crew of 700+. Our captain kept calling it our "private yacht the Summit" and that's how it felt. There were no crowds, no lines and service was excellent! If you made slight eye contact with a crew member, they came running to see if you needed anything. Although I hope this is never the situation onboard again (I don't see how the cruise lines can survive), I'm so happy we were able to take advantage of this time. We were fully vaccinated, as was the crew who are tested every cruise. I've never felt more health-safe on a cruise ship. And no masks! All shows (excellent entertainment), bars, restaurants, shops, casino, spa, etc. were run as if the ship were full capacity. There were no cut backs that we could see at all. Captain and other officers were visible during entire cruise showing up in restaurants and other places on ship to thank us (as we were thanking them!) for cruising with them. It was fun seeing the officers, including Captain, at all the shows and some even dancing with the guests. Cruise Director Sue was one of the best we've had, and please if you're on the Summit, go to the Sunset Bar and see Beatrize (Mama B), Derwyn and Agus!

I can't say a whole lot about Cozumel or Costa Maya (except for our wonderful repeat trip to private beach Maya Chan!!), but everything on the ship was top notch! Kuddos to Celebrity and the Summit crew for doing it right!!!

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B