• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

Just finished 1 week cruise on Queen of West Columbia & Snake River in Oct 2021. It was NOT "Small Ship Cruising Done Perfectly". The old ship is like a 2.5 star motel. The advertised "Exquisite Cuisine" was B average . The dinner rolls were always room temperature and hard. I recommend they switch to Hawaiian Sweet Rolls so that it's always soft. "Acclaimed Entertainment" consisted of singers all 7 nights with terrible amplifier/house speakers....my karaoke speakers sounds better. Reviews say the high price is due local high quality food. I say that the high price is because they know the majority of the customers are seniors who are willing to pay since they don't want to travel far and will croak soon. The value of this cruise is not justified for it's price even with the included excursions. I paid $4K and I think it's worth $2K. I've cruised Carnival and Royal Carribean...for $2K you get better food and enntertainment. Value: 1 star, Food: 2 star, Entertainment: 2 star, Excursions: 3 star, Staff: 4 star. I specifically chose Queen of West because I liked the authentic paddlewheelers but it's interior is getting old. If the price dropped to $2K then value would be 4 star. If you're rich and old, desperate to see the Columbia River, then go for it. If redoing it, then I would just do the 5day (Portland to Portland) because the best scenery is only around the west coast area.

2.5 star motel