• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Scarlet Lady Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Lots of plusses and a lot of lows

Review for Scarlet Lady to the Caribbean
bpeace49
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

I chose Virgin because it was a new cruise line and I was looking for a different slant on cruising. Virgin has broken the mold; some good and some bad. As an avid cruiser I enjoy all the activities away from the bars and casino. Virgin was very focused on health and life style with the vast majority of activities dedicated to those topics. Very little to do activity wise during the evening. And if you stay on board during a port day be prepared to sleep or bake in the sun. No activities offered other than wellness/physical until 7 pm. On sea day 2 there was one bingo game (payouts are great) and a great Red Room show with acrobats. After 9 pm nothing to do unless you wanted to gamble or dance (three different areas all with dj). 22 fitness activities and around 12 unconventional sea day activities. If you like techno rock great because that's all there is. Almost every things has to be booked so there is no spontaneity allowed. It feels more scheduled than my work environment did. The food is fantastic, the ship is beautiful and the staff wonderful. Like staying in a great hotel but my experience was dampened by how successful they were in charting new waters in the cruise experience. This cruise line is designed for a specific demographics and I am not one of them.

Response from DavidN, Sr. Social Media Analyst

Hi bpeace49! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent holiday with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed Duel Reality in The Red Room, bingo and that the food and...

Nice techy cabin fits descriptions in their advertising. Very small but I usually don't spend any time in my cabin. This cruise I spent an inordinate amount of time in my cabin.

Port Reviews

Bimini

Typical cruise line private island. Limited optional excursions and most overpriced or sold out.

Costa Maya

Good selection but limited availability and many sold out on first day

1 Helpful Vote