• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Oct 2021
Cabin:

We have cruised on several different cruise lines. This Royal Caribbean Cruise was the absolute worst cruise I have ever been on. The boat is nice, but the room was horrible. The sink was broken, and it took 2 days to get someone to fix it. The toilet was broken and would not flush for 6 days of our 7 day cruise. We had to leave the room and go use the toilet by the elevators. We spoke with the room steward, guest services,and the manager of guest services. It took 7 days and over 20 calls, visits, and conversations to get it fixed. Then, the manager of guest services told us the plumber said we flushed something down the toilet that shouldn't have been flushed. "Hard paper"??? There was an issue with the toilet the first time we used it, and we only flushed toilet paper on it. I told him this. On day 6, they finally offered us a new room, but we choose to stay on our room because the cruise was almost over by that point. We did not want to take any further time away from our vacation dealing with packing up and moving rooms the day before the last day.

We went on a cruise with Carnival the week before we went on this cruise because we had the cruises cancel related to Covid last year. This cruise was supposed to be to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Carnival had everything open on the cruise. They had constant activities, with professional performances. The casino offered many drawings and raffles for free play with many winners of several hundred to thousand dollars per day. You saw many people winning jackpots on the slots daily. They required masks and sanitizer when in the inside areas.

We have cruised on several different cruise lines. This Royal Caribbean Cruise was the absolute worst cruise I have ever been on. This was the first sailing for this ship since Covid. The boat is nice, but the room was horrible. The sink was broken, and it took 2 days to get someone to fix it. The toilet was broken and would not flush for 6 days of our 7 day cruise. We had to leave the room and go use the toilet by the elevators. We spoke with the room steward, guest services,and the manager of guest services. It took 6 days and over 20 calls, visits, and conversations to get it fixed. Then, the manager of guest services told us the plumber said we flushed something down the toilet that shouldn't have been flushed. "Hard paper"??? There was an issue with the toilet the first time we used it, and we only flushed toilet paper on it, and it never flushed down because the toilet would not flush. I told him this. On day 6, they finally offered us a new room, but we choose to stay on our room because the cruise was almost over by that point. We did not want to take any further time away from our vacation dealing with packing up and moving rooms the day before the last day.

We went on a cruise with Carnival the week before we went on this cruise because we had two cruises cancel related to Covid last year. This cruise was supposed to be to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Royal Caribbean had minimal activities. The casino had a few raffles for $100 free play. They decreased the ability to win in the casinos on the slots. Most people stopped playing on the casino and spoke statements of how you can't win were everywhere by many people. It was extremely rare to hear the jackpots being won in the casino. I spoke to one woman who won $1,500. She said she had already lost $4,000 and it was only the 2nd day. The automatic shuffler on the blackjack table kept breaking down. They kept opening it up and trying to fix it. They did not have a back up one available. They said it was brand new. One evening, it broke over 10 times and each time they opened it up and showed all of the cards, and moved them around. Following each episode, the dealer would get blackjack or 21 several times on a row. I know I could have left the table, but there was nothing to do on board, and we were extremely bored.

The Buffet as only open until 3pm everyday and the food was cold, and not very good. Many repeated dishes, and less variety of food. The dining room food was excellent for dinner, however lunch was horrible. The pizza was not as good as Carnival's and Norwegians pizza. Pizza was only available until 2am. Other than the buffet on shortened hours, the dining room, and pizza/cafe, you have to pay for all of the restaurants.

The pools had a limit of 6 people at a time. There were always at least 6 kids that would stay in the pools for a while, so we were only able to find it with less than 6 people once the entire cruise.

We were supposed to go to Grand Cayman and Jamaica for 2 of our ports. We did not. They were changed to other ports. I was not happy at all with this change. We would not have booked this cruise with those ports because we just went to the same ports the week prior with our Carnival Cruise.

I feel like I paid much more money for the Royal Caribbean cruise than I did for the Carnival Cruise, but I feel like I got my money worth out of Carnival for both cruises and was robbed from Royal Caribbean. I paid full price for the cruise and only received 25% of the activities, food, experiences, etc. on the cruise. It is not my fault that Royal Caribbean is losing money. They don't need to take from me to make up for their Covid loss. the benefits that were available prior to Covid and now nothing available just to make up some of the lost money. I was extremely disappointed on the cruise we took. We were on the Liberty of the Seas. Room 3348. It was a terrible experience and I will not cruise again with Royal Caribbean.

We bought the deluxe drink package on the Royal Caribbean Cruise. We had 20+ drinks charged to our bill. We had to go go guest services several times a day to speak to them about being charged for drinks and the toilet and sink being broken in the room. It is very difficult to try to enjoy our vacation when we were at guest services several times a day, and we were not even able to use the toilet on our room. It is not convenient to run to the elevator in the middle of the night to use the toilet. It was very frustrating and no one seemed to care about it.

I am a nurse, and I completely understand that you need to utilize infection control practices. This is not a new thing since Covid. It is something that your crew should be promoting all along. But when you check in your room, and cannot use the sink to wash hands, brush teeth, and my husband shaving is not the ideal situation. Then having to go to the bathroom at the elevators because there is no one that will listed to send a plumber to come fix the toilet.

I would love to hear back from someone to discuss these concerns further. I feel like my husband and I should be refunded for this trip and the drink package. It was supposed to be a celebration and ende Barber

On carnival, they have guys burgers, Mongolia wok, deli, taco/burrito place, 24 hour pizza and ice cream, buffet, dining rooms complimentary and offer other restraunts for addition cost. The bar on Carnival offers 3 times the variety of alcohol as Royal Caribbean does. We purchased the deluxe drink package on both ships. The bar service was extremely excellent on Carnival and only okay on Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean had no flavored vodka or Rum except limon and Gratefruit. Beer choices were limited. No truly, seltzers, or hard lemonade, or wine coolers. Moscato was only available on the dining rooms.We went to several of the programs on Royal Caribbean. They only offered one show each night. The comedians were funny, but not great. The juggler was only an amateur. He wàs not funny and dropped the jugging frequently. The ice show was not a professional show. Very basic. The Saturday Night Fever show was not ready for our cruise, so they only showed a short preview of what basically was a practice session for them.

I feel like I paid much more money for the Royal Caribbean cruise than I did for the Carnival Cruise, but I feel like I got my money worth out of Carnival for both cruises and was robbed from Royal Caribbean. I paid full price for the cruise and only received 25% of the activities, food, experiences, etc. on the cruise. It is not my fault that Royal Caribbean is losing money. You don't need to take from me to make up for your loss. the benefits that were available prior to Covid and now nothing available just to make up some of the lost money. I was extremely disappointed on the cruise we took. We were on the Liberty of the Seas. Room 3348. It was a terrible experience and I will not cruise again.

It is all ridiculous. I am upset at the entire Royal Caribbean experience. It was horrible, and no one cared. No one on the ship listened to use. It was supposed to be a celebration and ended up being a stressful experience.

We have been on approximately 20 cruises on different cruise lines, but my experience on Royal Caribbean was the absolute worst.

Janet Barber