• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

My wife and I didn't choose this Alaskan cruise initially. We were scheduled to sail the California Coastal Cruise from Seattle on Sept 25th. We received a call from our Princess rep. regarding our cruise being cancelled, and was offered the Alaskan 7 day cruise leaving on Sept 26, 2021. Our rep. gave us a mid ship balcony (we were originally near the stern) for the same price, which was almost a $1200 savings. We did Alaska 20 years ago and loved it, so we accepted the offer. About a month prior to the cruise, we were offed an up-sell for a midship Mini suite for a small fee, which we accepted. Our cabin# was R518. Nice cabin was plenty of room.

We did all the documents on for the Medallion cruise on my smart phone. I only had the uninstall the app once, then re-load it. I never had any issues after that entering all our information.

We live on the East Coast and booked our own air fare. Arriving after 1:30 at the cruise terminal, we had no issue with the boarding process. My wife has issues walking, due to an auto immune condition, so we arranged to get her to the ship with a wheel chair. The process was easy and Princess made the issue flawless.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

The min suite was very nice and roomy, but the balcony is quite small. Plenty of room for clothing and all essentials.

Port Reviews