• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin:
The beach at the Coco Cay Club.
Playmakers Campfire Cookie. Not to be missed.

My late husband of over 35 years and I had over 30 cruises on RCI. I was longing for a cruise experience but didn’t know if I could survive a 7 night cruise as a solo. I selected Mariner of the Seas 4 night out of Port Canaveral for two reasons; it sailed just over two hours away from my home and it went to Coco Cay! Overall, the experience was a little sad. Protocols prevented opportunities to get to know other passengers so the trip was kind of lonely. The crew was awesome - very friendly and helpful. I had a specialty dining package and the food was fantastic. I loved Izumi but there is a special place in my heart for the campfire cookie at Playmakers. For some reason the shows (except for the ice skating) were not great. There also were not a lot of activities onboard. The ship was so empty if felt kind of sad. I went to listen to a band playing typical Caribbean “sailing “ music by the pool and I was the only person there. Both the band and I found it a little awkward.

I had a balcony cabin on deck 7. It was just standard and could have used a little TLC. It was quite expensive as I had to pay a “single supplement “ as a solo traveler. This means my fare was 175% of the cost for one person traveling in a double occupancy cabin.

Port Reviews

Perfect Day at CocoCay

I bought the Coco Cay Club excursion. It was so worth the price. The facilities were fabulous, the service was outstanding and the lobster lunch was the icing on the cake! I loved having the choice of swimming in the ocean or in the beautiful infinity pool.

15 Helpful Votes