• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Joyful Abroad
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin:

Viking pre and post was awful! The corporate office can’t get worse. The air booking was totally a mess with 2 hour hold times every time you call to fix their mess. No one answered the phone (except agents wanting to sell a cruise) when I tried to call and get clarifications regarding COVID testing etc. No one answered when I called to find the boat after they sent us the wrong address to board the boat. We had to drag our luggage 2 miles through Budapest because they gave us the wrong address. Other passengers had the same issue. By the time we reached the boat, we were spitting nails. The Kadlin crew had a lot of work to do to overcome the irritation. They were excellent. The crew deserves 5+ stars.

Viking air booked us on a flight a day after disembarking. I didn’t catch the problem until a few weeks before the trip. No one answered my calls or emails so I booked a hotel at the Munich airport. The concierge on the boat had to “fight” with Viking corporate to get us bus from Passau to Munich because our flight was a day later. Not by our request! We got on the bus and there were only 8 other passengers. I have no idea why they cared if we were on the empty bus at corporate?

WARNING: check the date of your COVID test sample on your documentation for return to the USA BEFORE leaving the boat. Our test was too old to be accepted as were other passengers. Fortunately, we had time to get the more current test sent to us before our flight. Others were scrambling at the airport to get a COVID test.

The cabin was nice but small. I am more accustomed to ocean liners. However, it was much cleaner and quiet than any ocean liner cabin even on small ships. It worked for us as we didn’t want to hangout in the cabin anyway.

5 Helpful Votes