• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Family

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin: Spa Balcony Stateroom
The encore

After having like 4-5 cruises cancelled in 2020. We were booked on the Bliss for the week of September 25th. That cruise was canceled Andy wife found this cruise to Alaska. So glad she did we had a blast. The crew were awesome and nice. I loved how from the lowest crew member to the bridge crew they greeted you each time they saw us. I loved that there weren’t a bunch of kids on this cruise. Having cruised on Carnival before I wasn’t sure how NCL would be. NCL made me a fan. They meet us at the airport and all the staff was nice and made us feel welcomed. Icy point was kinda lame, but I understand that NCL is working on making it better. The ship was clean and great. Kinda sad I was a little too heavy to ride the go karts. I loved how there are bars close to almost every elevator.

The band Let’s Grove was decent, but when singing certain songs you can tell English is a second language. The Beatles show was cool, the choir of men was great. I loved how with the drinks included we didn’t have to count our drinks and we were able to drink or not drink as we wanted. On other cruise line with a limit you feel the need to have to drink that much. Glad we got a spa room, loved the thermal spa, it’s worth it. Can’t wait to go on our next NCL cruise.

Spa Balcony Stateroom

Cabin was decent, only issues was not very much storage space for 2 peoples clothing. But we made due. I loved the enclosed shower.

Port Reviews

Icy Strait

Not much to do here. But NCL is working on it

Juneau

Had a great time here. Kinda “mexicoish” with the jewelry stores, and them trying to get you inside. But the Triangle Club made my stay in Juneau. Sam the bartender is super awesome!

Ketchikan

The lumberjack show is great, and family fun. The rain was coming down hard, and cut our time there short. Beautiful town, kinda wish we’d been able to see some of the new town.

3 Helpful Votes