• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

rberkowitzmd
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin:

This was our third Seabourn cruise and was a little hesitant to book with the current Covid situation. The cruise left from Barbados which was somewhat problematic since the island had no clue what they were doing once arriving at the airport. After leaving airport we went to port and again had to get another rapid test to get on the ship. Again not the most enjoyable experience but again this was being managed by the island authorities so there was nothing Seabourn could do until we boarded the ship. But once we did, it was Nirvana. Our cabin was upgraded as there were a lot of empty rooms on the ships. The rooms were very comfortable, as were the beds. Could have slept forever. Nice bathrooms and great water pressure in the shower. I've been own many different cruise lines, none had food as good as this ship. I can honestly say I did not have one bad meal in the whole time I was on the ship. Thomas Keller's The Grill had a great menu and a really nice wine list (which I utilized to the max...thanks Ezra and Karen). Benard also took very good care of use during our time on board. Debbie, the piano player in the Observation bar kept us well entertained before and after dinner. There was also excellent entertainment every night, with young energetic entertainers. I also felt very safe while on the ship. The ship was continually meticulously cleaned. New crew members were quarantined on a lower deck, not being allowed to come in contact with guests for 2 weeks. No guests were allowed off the ship during port calls. Only option in port was to go on a Seabourn arranged excursion where no interaction with locals occurred except those running the excursion. One day Seabourn rented out a private beach for the guests, set up a picnic lunch with lobster, brought guests caviar and champagne in the surf. Can't be beat. We had originally booked a one week cruise but had such a great time that we stayed aboard for a second week. I cannot say enough about the quality of the experience and would highly recommend this to all.

20 Helpful Votes