• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Ovation of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Nice cruise for the times are we are in

Review for Ovation of the Seas to Alaska
Xertes
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Sep 2021
Cabin: Obstructed Ocean View Balcony

If you have read any of my previous reviews , you know my wife and I are senior citizens, budget cruisers and cruise to be on the ship and relax. We typically do not care what ports the ship goes to since we seldom get off, don't usually do excursions. We like to eat, relax, read and go to shows. That being the case, the priorities for us in reviewing a ship are food, general ambience and decor of the ship, library and entertainment.

This was our first cruise in 19 months and we were dying to get back on a ship, We got a great deal on an inside balcony room with virtual balcony, I bid on a regular obstructed view balcony for $100 more per person for the 7 days and it was accepted so we ended up in an obstructed view balcony which was not obstructed.

We had purchased transfers from SeaTac airport to the cruise terminal from RCCL. These transfers are then subcontracted to a third party. When we arrived at SeaTac, we were directed to a designated waiting area in the garage that had tables and chairs. We were told our bus would arrive at 10:45 am. It did not show up until about 11;15am.

Obstructed Ocean View Balcony

Our room was nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable. Our room steward, Evangeline, was the best! Although this was classified as an obstructed balcony view, this cabin had minimal obstruction and virtually no view obstruction at all. One of the things I really like about RCCL staterooms is many of their newer ships have an electrical outlet next to the bed. If you have A CPAP machine like I do, this is a godsend. On almost all other cruise lines, one needs to stretch an extension cord from the desk to the bed which is both inconvenient and a safety hazard, When one gets up at night to go to the bathroom or for any other reason, it is easy to trip on the cord. Why other cruise lines stubbornly refuse to put electrical outlets next to the bed is a mystery to me.

Port Reviews