CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • Cruise Tips

Majestic Princess Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Covid test a useless waste of money.

Review for Majestic Princess to Alaska
KenTinUT
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Aug 2021
Cabin:

The CDC says that all passengers should test negative for Covid before embarkation. At shoreside, the computers were down, so the port staff gave us green cards and waived us aboard without checking for proof of vaccination or proof of a negative covid test. Aboard, I complained that if no one was interested in our test results, we should get a refund for the cost of the test. We did not get a refund, but they did upgrade our stateroom. This was a nice trade off. I just hope that we did not get close to someone who failed their covid test or did not get vaccinated, yet was waived aboard unchecked like me, stuck behind a downed computer.

Aboard, I was disappointed to find no outdoor pizza bar, but a noodle bar instead. And the ice cream bar did not serve malts or milk shakes.

A cruise is supposed to be leisurely, but we were always rushing to be seated in the dining room for breakfast, which shut down at the office-like hour of 9am.

Port Reviews

Juneau

Took the Whale Watching small boat cruise in Juneau. Tour operators should learn the lesson that less is often more. After seeing 10 humpback whales in the first two hours of the cruise, I was not interested in spending another hour aboard the boat to see two more whales. We got back to Juneau too late to do anything else. Less time trapped on a boat and more time on your own in Juneau would have been preferable.

previous reviewnext review