• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Wine26
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2021
Cabin:
Cozumel, we went to the paradise beach area. This resort was next to Carlos and Charlies, which was closed because of the Hurricane and no power.

We decided to take a last-minute cruise out of Miami on the Gem. This was the first sailing after Covid. I have to say that the process of Embarkment was excellent! The ship although old was very clean and well maintained. It is a smaller ship, so getting from one end to the other was fairly easy. The staff was amazing, and the specialty dining was definitely worth it. I would go on this ship again. On our sailing, they were only half full which made the service wonderful. I also would say this is more of an adult cruise, not a family one.

The only issue that I had was at the buffet. They had 2 servers who would walk around in the morning with coffee saying coffee, coffee/wakey, wakey, coffee makes you sexy! I could do without that first thing in the morning. It was very annoying. Overall this was a great cruise!

We had a club balcony room and it was spacious. The shower was very small and my husband who is 6'1" had trouble fitting into it.

1 Helpful Vote