• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Freedom of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
28 Awards

Not on my bucket list anymore.

Review for Freedom of the Seas to the Bahamas
Warmweatherwinning
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2021
Cabin:

I went with someone who insisted that cruises were great. Wasnt impressed, wont cruise again. Because of the confusion of check in time. VS. Muster Station drill. We arrived 3 hours early. And sat and waited...for 3 hours. (?) No Sail Away party. And I was told those were great..? Nothing for dinner but Pizza.. (unless you paid extra). No entertainment. Maybe there was, but I never found it. Main Dining room was very empty. And our waiter basically ordered our dinner for us. I thought it was the customers decision to order what they wanted?! The crew all looked extremely bored...or pissed off...couldn't decide which was the case.

Shore excursion in Bahamas was horrible. Guide could barely speak English, so had no idea what he was talking about. And he drove us through the slummiest neighborhoods I've ever seen. (The only time I was actually happy to be back on the ship). Perfect Day at Coco Cay was....ok. Only stayed about 30 minutes, then got back on the ship. Our Cabin was nice. And our Cabin Attendant was very nice. (Didnt catch her name). The Casino was fun. The Windjammer was really great. Good selection, very attentive and friendly staff. They get an A+. But, this first cruise will probably be my last. Too many hoops to jump through for such a 'lack luster' experience.

Dont remember Cabin category. But we had a balcony room.

Port Reviews

Nassau

Slummy. Guide barely spoke English. Was very bored.

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Spent about 30 minutes here. Grabbed a drink. Heard some music at 'Captain Jacks'. Got back on the Ship.

3 Helpful Votes