• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 20s

Family

Sail Date: Aug 2021
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 1C

I booked Equinox with high expectations despite the constraints of the pandemic, and I'm happy to report I was not disappointed. This was my sixth cruise, and I feel like it was absolutely worth the money. For two cruisers in their early twenties, I've been told Celebrity may not be the vibe I'm looking for, but my previous experience with the cruise line and desire for a beautiful ship, excellent food, and a high-value rate that included drinks and wifi made this sailing a no-brainer.

Embarkation:

Boarding the ship was a bit of a process. DO NOT arrive early, as it will result in a long wait outdoors in the heat. Port Everglades staff was accommodating, but it was hot. As soon as my boarding time was called, the process took only around 20 minutes. Once boarding, you can proceed immediately to your stateroom, drop off your bags, complete your muster drill, and enjoy exploring the ship!

Deluxe Veranda 1C

The Category 1C Veranda feels very sizable and has plenty of storage. The bathroom is huge for a cruise ship. The room was impeccably clean and our attendant, Hariaji, was very friendly and had great attention to detail. The rooms, despite being minimally updated since 2009, were very modern.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Port Everglades is fantastic. Utilizing Park 'n' Go is the best choice we have made for parking. It is extremely cheap, and the service is absolutely excellent. Highly recommend.

Although embarkation was a bit of a process, it did not take away from the cruise experience.

Nassau

The port staff at Nassau are extremely excited about the renovations and construction being done on the port. However, nothing was open, and local vendors seemed desperate to the point of grabbing you by the wrist to give you things that you are asked to "tip" for. I empathize, but others may not.

The catamaran tour of the harbor was excellent, and it was beautiful to see outside of the port and soak in some of the local features.

St. Thomas

The island of St. Thomas is stunning, and there are a lot of great places to visit. We did a tour that stopped at Drake's Seat (briefly), Magens Bay, and the Skyride. The beaches are gorgeous, the mountains offer spectacular views of the island, and the Skyride (although tourist-y) was a unique experience.

St. Maarten

We took a bus from Back Street to Maho Beach for $2 USD. It was around a 25 minute drive and dropped us off right at the beach. The area still seems to have a bit of a ways to bounce back after hurricane damage, but watching planes land right over our head was an unforgettable experience. I'd love to return and stay a few nights.

2 Helpful Votes