• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Jul 2021
Cabin:

We left Portland on July 28th so I believe ACL had some time to work on issues that previous passengers wrote about. The cabin was just right for the two of us. We were on the 2nd deck. I enjoyed all the food but I’m not a picky eater. Food service was fast and tasty and was never cold. I got to know as many of the servers because I enjoy meeting people and hearing where they are from. Some were from where we live and one young girl was from a town close to my home town. I always believe the nicer you are to people serving you, then the nicer they are.

I enjoyed visiting Mt St Helen’s and the falls. We loved doing the jet boat into Hell’s Canyon. I also loved the small towns. We walked all over Astoria to the point that my feet were hurting. We even walked up the steep hill to the Dalles museum. You could ride the coach but we are walkers.

We loved getting up early to watch the ship go through the locks and to watch the sun rise. It was very interesting going to the dam and visiting the fish hatchery. We skipped going to Pendleton which I’m glad because not many passengers enjoyed it. I also called ahead and found out that the Pendleton wool mill was closed due to Covid and the passengers were not alerted to that fact

8 Helpful Votes