3. Carnival Glory
This was mine & my DH's second cruise. We cruised Royal Caribbean last summer so I really only have RC to compare to Carnival. We did the 6 night cruise out of Norfolk, to the Bahamas. We were in Nassau 2 days and Freeport 1 day. I will try and cover everything I can think of because I know i always find these reviews helpful to me when trying to pick my vacation destination! First off, embarkation: This was a total disaster. Our cruise documents told us to arrive between 3:00-5:30pm. We arrived right after 3:00 and the line to even get into the Half Moon building was rediculous. We waited in line until about 5:00 and I think we finally boarded around 5:15. Last year we ended up getting there earlier than planned, so we had no problems. We only waited in line about 30 minutes last year, so in the future I think if it says we can board at 3:00, we will be there by 2:00 atleast! Other then the long lines, everything went smoothly. We didn't have any problems getting our sail & sign cards and getting onboard. I had read in another post that some terminals have computerized self-check ins but they did not have this in Norfolk. Now onto the actual cruise. We had a balcony room on the Lido deck (9). We were able to immediately get into our room, which was nice and clean. Compared to the interior room we had on RC, this room was huge. Atleast twice the size if not more! We never saw our room attendants at all. They did a great job at keeping everything tidy and replenishing anything we needed. The cruise ship itsself was different. They layout of the ship is not very good. Its very confusing, and not very open. We constantly were talking about how it was not easy to get around the ship. Especially in the Red Sail Restaurant. Nothing was easily accessible. The food was VERY limited. It was always cold, and the variety was very sad. Yes, like in other reviews I will agree the fish and chips tasted good, but they made me sick both times after eating them. The worst part about the trip were the other passengers. We almost immediately noticed that the "class" of people were different on this ship than the one we took the previous year. Carnivals prices were MUCH cheaper than RC and we definitely paid for that! I will never cruise Carnival again over RC because of the classless and rude people that I saw on this ship. You could just tell that because it was cheaper, the people were very low class. I even met a very nice older lady in the spa one day that told me the exact same thing! That she and her husband had been on RC the year prior and that is seemed much classier than this cruise. The food in the dining room for dinner was awesome. That was the highlight of the cruise for us! Because the food in the Red Sail was so nasty, we could not wait to get to dinner every night! Our waiter Frank was wonderful! Everything we both ordered for dinner was amazing. So that was definitely a plus up from RC because we didn't think the food was all that great there last year. The adults only Serenity area was VERY nice. But if you weren't out there by 9am , you would not get a chair. The shows were pretty decent. The comedy show we saw was fair, not great but not bad either. However, the so-called "majic" show.....was HORRIBLE. It was supposed to be for the whole ship but if I had my children in there I would have been horrified. It was wraunchy and gross. They played horrible music and carnival will definitely we hearing from me about this. It should have said 18+. The "living in america" show was spectacular! Definitely go see that if you are on board. The ports were good. We went to Atlantis, and we felt it was not worth the money at all. It was exhausting to have to walk around to get to anything and just way too crowded. Freeport was very dirty. I wish we hadn't even gotten off the ship at that port. Definitely do your shopping in Nassau! I made the mistake of only purchasing a few things in Nassua in hopes that I would find things in Freeport too but I was wrong. Overall our vacation was good, but I would just warn anyone to be careful because you really get what you pay for. I would not cruise Carnival again unless it was a newer ship, and it was probably out of FL.

Carnival Glory-You get what you pay for!

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by readytorelax914