• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Donoilman
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2021
Cabin: Celebrity Suite

My wife and I cruise during the summer as we are both tied to work during the winter. After having 12 cruises cancelled, a back to back seemed appropriate. I have never been on Celebrity, my Wife had done two. Understanding that this was only the second and third cruise out of the US.....everything had a shine on it!

We sailed July 3 through the 17th in a Celebrity Suite, by far the best suite we have stayed in. The suite was more than large enough for two. The Balcony was large and very comfortable with seating for four. The bathroom set up was really nice, having the toilet and a sink separated from an additional sink and tub by a door......Gold Star for that forehead! The tub/shower set up was a little narrow and only needs mentioning. The king size bed was very comfortable with all the pillow types you could handle. The storage and closet space was very, very good. The lighting switches were a little confusing at first but even an old school cruiser figured it out. Nice touch having the drapes open and close by switch and also night lights under the sinks in the bathroom. Our Retreat Host Rhona and attendant Derrick were superb.

The ship itself is of beautiful design, the hull provided a noticeable, smoothest sail I have ever had. After seeing the ship hover off the pier at 40 feet in Costa Maya with 40 mph winds trying to push her to the pier and chop in a squall...there is no doubt this ship is a beast. The elevators are noticeably quiet and smooth. Hallways are comfortably wide. For what I consider a mid size ship, there is so much to see and yes, experience. I can not say enough about the crew of this ship...so friendly and engaging. I always say the vibe of the ship starts from the top. I experienced this once before on NCL Escape with Deepak Punia as the General Manager. The crew was at ease to be themselves...and they shine! I have been aware of the first Female American Captain since crossing paths in Bermuda 2015. This being my first Celebrity cruise, it only seemed perfect that she was in command. I have never met a Captain so engaging and personable as Captain Kate.

Celebrity Suite