• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family

Sail Date: Aug 2021
Cabin:

We disembarked yesterday evening and much has been very good. My husband and I are celebrating our 11 year anniversary, having waited through Covid (we *were* wanting to do our 10 year to Alaska last August, but alas). Mostly we’re looking forward to reading, relaxing, watching movies, and maybe do some hiking at the ports (we can’t splurge on any excursions, unfortunately). Honestly, just a breather from 4 young kids is wonderful.

There are just 3 issues, however, since boarding. We’re generally big movie lovers and we were *super* excited to have the movie experience on board (at the cinema), having not been able to see movies in the theater for so, so long. Well the cinema on board isn’t open. Only one showing is playing at 10:00am on day 7, and even that may not happen. I asked the guest services and they said due to Covid, the cinema wouldn’t be open, but mentioned that there will be movies everyday outside on the screen above the pool area at 2:00 and 6:00. Okay, I thought, not ideal, not really “movie experience”, but we’ll try that. Well that’s not true either as there hasn’t been any mention of movies on that screen at all, but rather 24-hour Olympics showings.

While there’s other options for entertainment on board — pick up games, trivia, raffles, etc — the one that suits us the most is completely gone and unavailable. We don’t gamble, we don’t really drink, and are generally more introverted, and movies are one way we love to relax and let go. So this has been a major blow, unfortnately, to our overall experience. I had to get a week-long internet package in order to stream movies so we can do something we were looking forward to.

19 Helpful Votes