• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Alaskan Dream Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Disappointing cruise due to poor communication

Review for Alaskan Dream to Alaska

Cabin:
Lunch menu
Category AAA shower/toilet
Category AAA cabin 103. 120 sq feet

2,145.49 7-day 2021 Alaska's Glacier Bay & Island Adventure cruise (Juneau to Sitka) with Alaskan Dream Cruises on the 104’ Alaskan Dream catamaran. We frequently cruise. This was not one of our favorites.

The shoreside support pre-cruise was very lacking. Information provided to me in March regarding the duration we would spend at Mendenhall Giacier was inaccurate. I had been emailed that it would be around 2 hours but upon arriving at the Juneau airport the itinerary showed 1 hour. After several back and forths, I was accorded private transportation to Mendenhall to get the additional hour but then the vessel’s captain decided that everyone would get more time so I ended up with 3.5 hours there. Please stick with one time!

I received the “know before you go” email at 1AM the morning of embarkation. Yes, it was a rehash of the packing info I was sent in March but why bother sending it the day of embarkation? Either send it a week or so before or don’t send it at all.

5 Helpful Votes