• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

National Geographic Venture Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Nature didn't disappoint, but Lindblad did

Review for National Geographic Venture to Alaska
Joe Snow
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Jul 2021
Cabin:

We did the Inside Passage trip. We chose this trip mainly because of Glacier Bay and this one location made the whole trip worth it. Overall, the scenery and wildlife on this trip cannot be beat. However, I was very disappointed in the organization and planning of this trip. For as expensive as this trip is, I do believe that the customers deserve more.

The trip started in Sitka. The transport from the airport to the gathering room was very smooth and very well done. The gathering room was a mess. We could not enter until we had a negative COVID test and getting the test was not organized well at all. It was essentially a free-for-all with the workers and cruisers doing it whatever way they wanted to. We eventually got our test and I was pretty annoyed when one worker took my sample, another told him to put it in a specific numbered test tube, and he replied "whatever, they're all negative anyway." Thankfully my test did come back negative and I was able to board. We then had a mediocre lunch, got some orientation, and then listened to an OK talk by a member of a Tlingit clan. After that, we went to the Sitka National Historical Park for a very enjoyable walk. We then took a nice bus ride through Sitka and then got on the ship.

The first night onboard was unpacking, the safety drill, more orientation, and dinner.

9 Helpful Votes