3. Serenade of the Seas
We left from San Juan on May 30 2010. It was our first time on Royal Caribbean. We have cruised 5 times in the past, but stopped as we wanted to travel to different destinations. I was somewhat anxious as I had read the cruise lines had cut back on food quality and entertainment. However, I was very happy with the quality of the food and the service.

We had a balcony room for the first time and that was wonderful. We used it frequently for quite times. Again, the service and food was great. Our waiter was very attentive and he even gave us a joke a night. His name is Freddie and the ass. waiter was Carlos, both were excellent. The entertainment was fair to good, depending on the night, but was not bad. The ports were fine.

We booked 2 excursions from the ship and two when we got off. We were happy with all excursions, most included snorkeling one was also snoobing which is an easier type of scuba. The guides there were very supportive and encouraging, as I am not a water baby type. Royal Caribbean Line was not a disappointment. Actually, I give them A plus, and I will consider booking with them on another cruise vacation.

return to cruising after 5 years

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by beachgram

beachgram’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

cabin 7152. Small but adequate size. the balcony was slightly larger, which was nice. clean and comfortable bed. I did notice that the drapes needed cleaning.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans