• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 80s

Family

Sail Date: Aug 2020
Cabin:
This was the side trip to Salzburg outside dining hall in the mountains
Beside the rampart in Rothenburg.  Great spot for shopping.
This is outside Weltenburg Abbey, tasting the dark ale & pretzels
3D baby leg on frescoe on old city hall Bamberg.  This is the town where you can taste the smoked beer!

I have had many memorable trips, but this was #1! I think of this trip every day. The only disappointments during the trip were the electronic tour guides, that rarely worked; I found the bed sheets very warm & uncomfortable (rubberized?) I complained & told them that I don't have any body fluids leaking during the night & they suggested putting a blanket down, but it never happened. I was surprised to learn from other passengers that they had their air fare included in the price, I had to pay my own & wife's fare. Some fares for the cruise where even cheaper than ours when checking with a couple from Australia. I was also disappointed that I wasn't offered an extension trip to Prague after arriving in Budapest. This was an expensive trip but with everything looked after (all inclusive) it was definitely worth it. The tours offered off the ship were very interesting & informative. Sometimes we had a difficult time deciding which tour to take, maybe that's how the Co. get you back to take the other tours. Meals were the best & if you didn't like the daily fare, they would accommodate you. We really enjoyed the MC & entertainment. Although I had to travel with a walker, every effort was made to accommodate me & the lift on the ship was great. We hope to travel with Scenic again whenever this Pandemic is over. Thank you for a wonderful trip.

The only problem I had with the cabin was the rubberized sheets that heated up during the night & kept waking me up

8 Helpful Votes