• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin:

This was the 10th Anniversary cruise for Family Life Ministries which they call, "Love Like You Mean It." The whole ship was booked for married couples and nobody (except for artists or presenters) were allowed to bring their children. We have thoroughly enjoyed some cruises with our kids, but this was amazing! The lines weren't too long to get on the Flowrider or zipline, and you could walk up for the rock climbing wall and carousel. I liked Central Park a lot, especially at night with the live music. The Royal Promenade and Aqua Theater are pretty great too. Because of the wind we didn't get to stop at the first port on our itinerary which was Royal's own island Perfect Day at Coco Cay which was a bummer, but it would have been much worse if the ship was full of kids missing out on that destination. We also stopped at San Juan, Puerto Rico and St. Thomas. We didn't do any paid excursions but ventured out on our own on foot.

This was our first time on a Royal Caribbean cruise and we liked it. We'd certainly cruise with them again but in our limited experience (6 cruises: Carnival (1), Princess (1), Royal (1), NCL (3)) Norwegian is our favorite overall.

I don't remember exactly what kind of balcony cabin we had but it was nice, but nothing special that I can recall.

Find an Allure of the Seas Cruise from $235