Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review

Anniversary Cruise

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Sharenamichele

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

My husband and I booked this cruise for our anniversary. We wanted to try one of the mega ships and we are glad we chose Harmony of the Seas. There was so much to do and see on Harmony. This cruise was the last cruise before the Covid shut down so we got very lucky. Due to weather our cruise was moved from an Eastern Caribbean Cruise to a Western Caribbean Cruise. Our hope was to visit new ports but ended up visiting ports we had already been too, disappointing but required. We pre-booked, the drink package, unlimited dining package, and the Key.

The Room - We booked an oceanview balcony on the 7th floor. The location was close to the boardwalk and promenade. The only thing I didn't like is you cannot get from one side of the ship to the other on the 7th floor, small inconvenience. Decent size room and good amount of storage.

Drink Package - to us the convenience of not worrying about the end bill is worth the cost. Adding the cost of morning lattes, bottle waters, juices, soda, wine, and cocktails it works out for us. Cocktails on the ship I would consider pretty light which is fine since we have the drink package. I had one of the worse Cosmos on this ship.....they added grenadine to it, glad I had the drink package so I didn't feel bad about tossing it.

Unlimited Dining Package - First of all so much food, we were so full the entire trip. We went to all the restaurants on the ship. Our favorite was Jaimie's Italian because of the bread and Truffle Tagliatelle. Chops and 150 Central Park were our second favorite the staff at both places were so friendly. Wonderland was fun and whimsical loved the shrimp kataifi, buffalo and chicken eggs. I am not a big chocolate person but I do have to say 'The World' dessert at Wonderland is so good. Loved Izumi's and had such a fun group. Our least favorite restaurant was Sabor, the guacamole is wonderful but not a big fan of the rest of the menu. We did not eat in the main dining room during this cruise.

The Key - We purchased the Key because we were purchasing internet access anyhow and the key gave additional perks for little additional cost. Boarding in Port Canaveral is quick with the pre-check in process using the app so the Key is useless for boarding in my opinion. The Chops lunch was really good, the menu was limited. Now they give access to the flow rider , zipline, ultimate abyss, and rock climbing for Key members but the times are 9am so we did not utilize this perk, really just to early. Key members are suppose to be able to get off the ship earlier in Ports after suite and pinnacle and diamond plus cruisers here is were things get bad for Key members. We arrive at Perfect Day there are no signs directing where to stand for Key members. We go to the front of the line to ask where the key line is and we get told just make a line over there. The people standing in the regular line started being rude and making snide remarks 'oh I am a key member, I am special'. Other Key members came up and asked where to stand also and were directed behind us and so the people in the normal line of course do not like this and continue to make rude remarks. If Royal has this as a perk they really need to have a designated sign and line to avoid this type of interaction. We chose to by the key for the perks and we should not be made to feel guilty by other passengers because we are trying to utilize one of the perks. I think if they had a sign and a designated line this could avoid this type of interaction. As for Key seating at shows we only went to the comedy show which did not have key perk seating so I cannot remark on this perk. One of the best parts of the Key was disembarking, we were escorted off the ship quickly through a door behind customer service. Loved not having to wait in the big line. Luggage was easy to find because it was in a Key section once getting off the ship.

Entertainment - We signed up for the sushi making class. Both of us enjoy the class but making sushi at 9am was a little early for eating sushi. The only show we went to was the comedy show which we both enjoyed. Music around the ship was great. We spend much time in the casino, enough time to get a free future cruise. The Casino also sent cookies to our room for our time spent spending money on casino games. While I was playing Ultimate Texas hold em the dealer got a royal flush, wish it had been in one of the players hands.

I pre-ordered decorations for our room which was decorated after we returned from breakfast. It is standard for cruisers to have to plan and organize decor and celebrations. Royal does not do this which is ok with me.

Overall we loved the cruise and are looking forward to going on Symphony of the Seas in 2022.

Sharenamichele's Full Rating Summary