• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Seabourn Ovation Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

A one dimensional review for a one dimensional cruise ship

Review for Seabourn Ovation to Asia
paul94708
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Veranda Suite

Here it is October 2020 and I've begun getting promotional literature from Seabourn. In the midst of the plague I must have forgotten to tell them how much I didn't like my cruise with them in December of last year.

First, the good points. Great stateroom. Clean, spacious, nice bathroom, comfortable bed, quiet (!), easy access to the private balcony. NIce ship. Not too big, not too small, well kept up. Friendly captain - he looked like someone I could ask a question of and he was, even after I noticed from the label on his chest that he wasn't a second lieutenant but THE captain.

Let me get to the main negative. Before signing up for the voyage, in reading past reviews, I noticed an emphasis on the character of other passengers, shall we say "entitled", snobs, parvenures. I did meet a number of people I enjoyed hanging out with for meal or tea or excursions. There were those, though, noted by reviewers of this cruise line, who made my time on the ship less than congenial.

Veranda Suite