• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Silver Syd
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Inside Stateroom 11

Loved everything except being away from home for Christmas. New Year's was our best ever. Met wonderful people. Loved the ship.

This itinerary was always on our bucket list and it was a wonderful time of year to take the trip - except for missing Christmas at home. We were with another couple and we did manage to celebrate Christmas Day almost as we would have at home - we brought stockings for each other filled with small gifts and decorated our rooms. It was fun. I brought my grandkids photos and stuck them to the mirror. We enjoyed the stops and the extra day in port at the beginning of the trip giving us time to get to the ship without too much rushing after such a long plane ride.

The fact we met some interesting and fun people added to the trip. New Year's will be one that will be forever remembered. So important. We play a lot of Trivia so that was fun as well. We stayed an extra day in Santiago and that was good - we did go on the ship's tour of Santiago which was excellent. Couldn't go up the mountain that particular day but didn't upset anyone too much. The penguins didn't impress me too much but I did love the sea lions and watching them frolicking in their family groupings (Mom, Dad and kiddies). I purchased t-shirts for my grandkids from Ushuaia and they wear them a lot because I didn't get them big enough and so they won't fit for too much longer. We loved the trip and talk about it often.

Inside Stateroom 11

We would have preferred a balcony but there were none available. The room for an inside was unique being on the corner and facing a different direction than the norm. We liked it a lot - but still would have preferred a balcony.

Find a Celebrity Eclipse Cruise from $383