• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Zorto145
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

We chose this cruise because a Royal Caribbean cruise we’d booked due to leave Singapore was cancelled three days before departure due to COVID-19. I had already travelled to Sydney ready to fly to Singapore and felt fortunate to find this cruise to Burnie, Tasmania, Melbourne and the South Island of New Zealand. Why anyone would include Burnie on any itinerary is beyond belief. We were disappointed there were no on board discussions about ports of call or other speakers on board for that matter. There was little day time entertainment while at sea and shops could be checked out in twenty minutes and were not overly appealing. Staff members were friendly and the ship clean and comfortable. The restaurants were fine but the bistro area was a shmozzle and a must to avoid. On embarking a friendly older gentleman was having difficulty with our on boarding and called for assistance several times. I was required to pay $US300 deposit to cover onboard spending. I presented my debit card for this. It appears the deposit was put through as a transfer to NCL rather than a hold. However weeks later NCL insists it is my Bank that is ‘highly incorrect’ In refusing to ‘remove the hold’. All I know is I am $492 Aust out of pocket. A lesson in checking how a holding deposit is paid if cruising ever starts again. Just one of the many reasons I would not choose NCL to cruise with again.

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window