3. Celebrity Constellation
We have been on several cruises previously , although we have never travelled with Celebrity. Upon arrival our cabin was dirty with used dressing gowns under the bed and a contact lense, which neither of us wear on the floor. the bathroom was grubby . we had requested twin beds but the bed was double. i went outside and spoke to a staff member who said' you can easily separate the beds.' If we had that would have meant that one of us would not have had bedding! the room was shabby. The first night we went to the restaurant , I am vegetarian and explained this to the waitress who completely ignored me . when the food arrived it was not great . returning to the cabin the beds had still not been separated. We purchased a drink from one of the bars a Mojito - it was the worse cocktail we have had in a long time. i went to complain to reception regarding the room , service and cocktail . The money was reimbursed for the cocktail and the room had a thorough clean. The manager of the restaurant advised that there was a vegetarian menu ' if i had only asked for it' and asked that we would return to the restaurant again. Which we did . The following time the service was good but the food was still not great. I noticed they were toasting normal and gluten free bread on the same toaster at breakfast time. worrying if you are a coeliac . The food was unmarked regarding allergens in the upstairs eatery and there were often flies around the food counters. one evening I watched someone bring out a basket of chips that also contained meat sausages. I asked for a vegetarian burger one day at the bar side grill . the man behind the counter took the order and while i waited a lady was served with a meat burger and onions , using the same tongs. when my burger was ready the same guy scooped up some onions with the same tongs and offered me them. when i pointed out that i was vegetarian and he had used the tongs for serving a previous customer a meat burger he just said sorry and put the tongs back next to the onions. has no one on the ship heard of cross contamination? The cabin was shabby , the ship was shabby . There was an outdoor cinema that allegedly showed a film every night that was identified in the daily flier that we were given. This was not the case and several times films that were advertised were not shown or the start time was not the same as advertised. I attended several lectures in the shabby theatre which were good but again some of these were advertised and did not materialise.the activities offered were pretty poor to be honest. excursions were really not worth the money. Once on the ship the mission was for the staff to get as much money out of you as possible. I complained to Celebrity once i had returned but they felt that my complaints regarding the shabby ship etc were not justified and wanted to know why i did not complain more when on the ship . I could have complained every day but tried not to as was on holiday. would we travel with CELEBRITY again? NO NO NO. Would we cruise again? maybe but certainly NOT WITH THIS COMPANY . This was such a disappointment we had so looked forward to this holiday and it ended up being one of the worst holidays we have been on. For the first time ever we both could not wait to get home, not a good sign of a holiday.

NEVER AGAIN