Mekong Muse Cruise Review

Beautiful way to see the amazing Mekong

Mekong Muse Cruise Review by Alex Ozanne

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: Asia River

5 Star service and with an interesting itinerary. I am an adventurous soul who loves a bit of luxury.

Lotus fit the bill perfectly with great shore excursions immersing us in the local history and culture.

The attention to detail was flawless with excellent service and great food. The fully inclusive nature of the trip was great. From an easy pick up in Siem Reap where we met our lovely host to how they coped with a flat tire along the way to the river port (Our guide simply took the opportunity to take us to a nearby cashew plantation where we learned more about that process, a chance to taste the actual fruit, and then visit a local roadside stand where he demonstrated some unusual Cambodian roadside treats with the opportunity to try.

We had great cultural experiences, participating in buddhist rituals and even visiting our guide's home-village where we got to help an English classes.

Our daily programme included a run down of Cambodian history, including the sad recent modern history, allowing us to visit Phnom Penh's Genocide museum with a far deeper knowledge. This is exactly the kind of special touch I appreciate on my holidays.

I would heartily recommend Lotus Cruises to anyone considering a Mekong cruise - their product is out standing, it certainly felt like we had the best ship on the river as I compared to other river cruise boats sailing past which looked good, but we definitely felt like we'd made the best choice.

I'd certainly consider them again if my travels took me that way again. They proposed an intriguing cruise upriver to Laos that would be an interesting new excursion

Alex Ozanne's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Superior suite m128

Spacious and comfortable and I found I preferred having a French Balcony in the tropical climate. Full sized bathroom with a great shower and bath. I couldn't find fault and loved our cabin

Alex Ozanne