Carnival Fascination Cruise Review

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Wanderlust313

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Porthole

My husband and I usually prefer to cruise with RCC but went on this cruise as part of a large group of friends and family. We were worried about the ship because it's old, comparatively small and had lots of not-so-good reviews.

My advice is to just ignore the bad reviews. We had a great time and the ship was very nice. Yes, it's clear she's having some plumbing issues, but other than a VERY mild odor in our hallway on a couple of days, it really was nothing. My niece's cabin had shower drain issues, but the crew was able to get it fixed quickly.

The ship is still beautiful, for the most part, appears to be in good repair and seems to have had the benefit of upgrades. If you prefer a smaller, more intimate ship, I don't think Fascination is a bad choice at all.

The main dining room food was very good and the wait staff was excellent. Buffet food was good, and Guy's Burger and the Mexican place were great.

We were on the ship just as the Covid-19 thing was becoming a problem (3/1 - 3/8). No one on our ship was affected, but one of our ports would not allow the ship to dock, so Carnival changed the port. We had nothing scheduled for the scrapped port, so it didn't matter to us, though I can see how it would have been a hassle for those who had shore excursions. Carnival went, what I felt, was above and beyond, and credited each cabin with $200 of OBC.

Shows were better than I expected and the comedy club was average.

Our cabin was an ocean view as far forward as you could go. Compared to other cabins I've sailed in, it was tight and difficult for two people, but that's to be expected. The location did suffer from some noise when the ship was docking, but again, it wasn't that bad.

Wanderlust313's Full Rating Summary

Porthole

Shipwreck Snorkel

Loved swimming with wild turtles.

View All 38 Shipwreck Snorkel Reviews