• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Leen Vandenberg
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2020
Cabin: Inside Stateroom 12

I have read a review by Msglodenhair and agree with most of her review of her on board experience, of the ship and the captain and crew.

However prior to embarkation, I had attempted to register on the Celebrity email log on pages that my wife was Gluten intolerant and that she would need a Gluten free diet. Having cruised in the Princess and P & O lines, that was a simple option to highlight and once on board the crew were ready to attend to my wife's dietary needs. I could not find any reference to special dietary needs, although I looked everywhere I could. I asked our travel agent to see if she could find the details I was looking for and she came back to me that it had been done by the Auckland agent for Celebrity Cruises.

Once on board the Celebrity Solstice and our first visit to the dining room we found that my wife was not expected. There was no Gluten free option available at all. For a starter the only offer was a salad, but when all the possible gluten elements were removed it was just a plate of lettuce. I suggested to the waiter that at least some tomato could have been included and he returned with a medium sized tomato.

Inside Stateroom 12

We found the cabin to be spacious and what we expected as an interior cabin. We asked for an interior cabin on a lower deck and midships. That is what we got. It was quiet and very comfortable but then the seas were smooth.

1 Helpful Vote