Carnival Vista Cruise Review

Our first Carnival premier cruise.

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Too blessed to be stressed

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was our first premier Casino cruise and our 8th Carnival cruise in general. Husband was very excited. But I knew that meant he was going to spend much of his time in the Casino so I brought my grandkids for a whole new level of fun. They were 11 years old and 13 years old.

Loved all the extra perks of the Premier cruise such as:

#1 Gifts in the cabin every few days.

#2 Special casino games with prizes.

#3 Amazing party with country music and yummy horderves and free drinks. They were very generous!

#4 Priority boarding.

#5 Free drinks while playing in the casino.

My grandkids and I swam in the pools. Which was my first time to swim. Freezing cold water. Nobody was in the pool until they saw us crazy enough to do it. Then the pool was full of children. They enjoyed the kids club. You had to be 12 years to be in Camp Ocean. They both wanted to be together. So I talked to the camp counselor about my 11 year old being with his sister and because he was only 3 months away from turning 12, they said the would give him a trail run to see how he did with the older kids. He did great and had a great time. So glad they let him because we ended up going to the little kids club to do build a bears to take home to their little brother and the club seemed way to childish for him.

We enjoyed the dinning room experience, and paid extra at least 3 times for the bonsai sushi. Loved it. Also paid extra for the Jiji Asian Kitchen, it was ok. I like Asian restaurants at home better. We didn't eat at the steak house just because that would have been to expensive with 4 of us on this trip. But have eaten there our last 2 cruise and it was amazing! We went to Tea time this time, never done that before. Me and the grandkids really enjoyed it. Loved Guys burgers and the Bluelguana Cantina yum. The BBQ was very bland. But probably unfair to them because my husband can cook some amazing BBQ. Pizza was a little bit better then just ok. Always ate breakfast at the buffet or BlueIquana Cantina it was good. Coffee was good too.

Only hit one show, "flick" we all really loved it. And afterwards me and my granddaughter talked to the main male singer\dancer that was performing. Then we turned to each other after we walked away and agreed that it was like talking to a star. FUN. One big negative was that we waited in line three times for the sky ride just to be turned away at the last minute because either it wasn't working properly or the winds would pick up. That was what they were most exited about but never did get a chance to ride it. The deck of the ship was full of things for the kids to stay entertained. Loved the movie theater, it wasn't crowded and the kids did the 4d experience theater(I forgot what it was called), so much fun they said. Plenty of great movies in the room also.

We just booked the next level in the casino cruise which is the Ultra cruise. That will be just my husband and I in January. Cant wait. It will be on the vista also.

Too blessed to be stressed's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

It was great.

Galveston

Live a couple hours away. Been there done that many times.

Swam through crystal clear river through caves. Very long. Did have some bats. That concerned me a little that we could most likely be swimming through bat poop. My husband got to close to the wall of the cave a scraped his leg. It got a bad infection. Went to the Dr. when we got home and put antibiotics on it and steroid cream.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Went to 7 mile beach and didn't get out of the beautiful water until we had to get back on the boat.

Bobsled Tour

So much fun. These three excursion where clumped into one excursion. At end they took us to some shops that they had deals with to spend some more money. Barely made it on board before the Vista took off. But since it was booked through the boat I didn't need to worry!

View All 79 Bobsled Tour Reviews
Chairlift

A little scary? I had to really concentrate to not to allow myself to be scared. We were so far up with only a tiny bar between us and hundreds(guessing) of feet down.

View All 29 Chairlift Reviews
Irie Blue Hole

Certainly was not blue. Very brown. They said it was because of the rain. A lot of people got sick from leptospirosis. Even in the hospital a while. That was in the face book group posting I was reading after I got home. However My grandkids and I did not get sick. I couild see how it would hav ebeen absolutely gorgeous if the water had been blue. Many waterfalls!

View All 54 Irie Blue Hole Reviews

Too blessed to be stressed

More Carnival Vista Reviews