• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

somewheretropical
10+ Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Interior

This was my first cruise with Princess Cruises. My brother selected this line, ship, and itinerary. Myself and our group of 3 others are in our thirties. What surprised me is that this cruise wins the award for absolute worst fellow cruiser atmosphere of all my 10+ cruises. We came across many people we shared the ship with who were very entitled and treated the staff and other cruisers very poorly. This was quite a disappointment. At the Outrigger Bar at the very back of the ship one night there was a guy who got angry at the bartender and started screaming at him very loudly. Everyone fell silent and was gawking at this exchange. Finally another couple went and broke up the confrontation and the man came back two more times to yell more.

We experienced extreme line breaking. Obviously if there is someone with a disability or who has difficulty walking or standing I definitely offer them my spot or offer to help them carry things, etc. The offenders of breaking in line were perfectly able-bodied, entitled people who do not care about anyone but themselves. This was worse behavior than children on a Carnival ship. In spite of the overwhelming negative experiences we had with fellow cruisers there still were great people...our neighbors at the main dining room were a delightful couple that we enjoyed having conversations with. I'm not saying everyone was bad but the poor behavior definitely stood out on this cruise.

The ship itself was extremely beautiful. It had luxury high end finishes and an ornate design. The Ocean Medallion system was spectacular! I thoroughly enjoyed this upgrade and hope that other lines follow suit and begin implementing this sort of technology. The seawalk was a very cool feature of the ship.

Interior

Cabin IB

Great layout and spacious for an interior.

Find a Regal Princess Cruise from $254