• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Le Dumont d'Urville Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

The best overall cruise experience out of our 30 plus cruises!

Review for Le Dumont d'Urville to South America
weezer7612
10+ Cruises

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. I’m going to summarize what we look for in a cruise vacation which we felt Ponant came closest to an overall exceptional experience and why.

My sister n husband ( late 50s very active non drinkers) and my husband (70) and myself(62) - both drinkers and not super active wanted a Xmas holiday experience together. We didn’t want to travel too far from USA and wanted a under 14 trip. I’ve been on a similar in Italy with a girlfriend to Costa Rica n thru Panama Canal with Windstar and felt this would satisfy everyone’s likes.

PROS:

Port Reviews

Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)

This is a simple industrial port. It’s a long trip from West coast ( Guanacaste) beach towns or from San Jose to get there but the ride is very pretty country and very safe . I recommend just get there and get on ship.

Quepos

Go to Manuel Antonio National Park. Go early as this country is very humid but lots of shade in park n on trails..,go with guide or hire one at entrance. We used Mikenaturetour online. They were so good we used them two days in a row!

Find a Le Dumont d'Urville Cruise from $3,170