3. Carnival Splendor
This was our 16th cruise... Complaints to Carnival Splendor – Moreton Island Cruise Jan 16th- 20th 2020. • Casino Bar. On Friday returning to the casino after being there several hours the night before, I had a barman approach me and gave me a card allowing me to buy drinks from the bar for free for the remainder of the cruise, pinning a card onto my lanyard. I got myself a free drink at this time. A couple of hours later, I was at the casino and attempted to get a drink and refused service in front of my family. • Coffee shop. The coffee shop ran out of chocolate and vanilla ice cream for milkshakes at 11am on the Sunday – daughter could not have a Neapolitan shake – something she always looks forward to on cruises as only place to get one. • Macaroons. When asking for a macaroon rudely told that there was only 2 lamington ones left and that’s all there was going to be. Several hours later walked past to see 2 vanilla ones in the window. • Closing a public section for diamond party. On Level 5 – near the Alchemy Bar and Nightclub, cornered off a large section of seating for passengers for a special event for the 2 Diamond passengers on the ship to meet with the Captain. Not a private function and for only 2 passengers. There were 6 Platinum passengers that should have been included in this event, which should have been held in a more private area, like the Piano Bar. • Pandora Store. Advertised as a daily special was a PANDORA SALE at 4pm on the last Sea Day. Customers waited until 4pm to arrive to find the rude staff member snapping at us that there was no sale, just Duty-Free prices. She was not helpful at all to anyone, just pointed to the special cruise edition charm and walked away. • No documentation on disembarkation. My daughter received a sheet of estimated time for her to leave and we did not. When were we meant to leave? • Cruise Director. On the last night he walked past us on Level 5 wearing a crazy wig and hardly recognisable (for 80s party) and shook my hand and started asking me if I had spoken with guest services about my complaint. He told me “You’re just thinking with your feet and your wallet,” not hearing of this I realised it was an insult. Upon Googling it, we discovered the meaning of that saying basically meant not to spend your money on Carnival as we don’t want you. We asked him about the party and he insisted he had made announcements about the change of place – where we were sitting by the pool where the party was meant to be (with MANY other passengers) he rudely said he had made the announcements and that we must not have been listening to them. • Telephoned Carnival and complained – still waiting for reply promised I would receive…

The cruise to turn us off cruising forever!

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by mikluyn

This was our 16th cruise...

Complaints to Carnival Splendor – Moreton Island Cruise Jan 16th- 20th 2020.

• Casino Bar.

• Coffee shop.

• Macaroons.

• Closing a public section for diamond party.

• Pandora Store.

• No documentation on disembarkation.

• Cruise Director.

mikluyn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

The ship itself is a difficult maze to work out how to move around itself. The main atrium is too small and the casino is easily accessible for ANYONE (under ages) to use. Under age drinking also at large...