Carnival Fascination Cruise Review

Cruising the Carnival Fascination Local Style

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by bajancruiser24

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean

As a Barbadian local, I have cruised this itinerary a couple times before on the various ships carnival has placed here. This time was with my dad and aunt to celebrate my aunt's 60th birthday.

The ship was pretty small but was clean and though it didn't have all the bells and whistles a larger ship would, had plenty places to relax, sit and lounge around. My only complaint would be that though the ship was small the one pool and 4 hot tubs were not enough for the crowds especially on sea day. Both were always fairly crowded and because of that was only able to use the pool once and the hot tubs a couple of times and that was only because I used those in the adults only area.

As we had an interior for three people things were crowded at times but the room amenities were in good shape and we had plenty of storage, though it lacked some of the amenities such as mini-fridges or blow dryers found on newer ships.

Since we boarded in Barbados and not Puerto Rico our embarkation operated a little differently and in some ways may have been slower than regular Puerto Rico check in. After a pre-boarding check-in at the port, we had pictures taken for our sign and sail cards on the gangway and waited to complete check-in and get our cards with the other Barbadian guests in the "Puttin on a Ritz Lounge." We had a small muster drill that day as well and were able to skip the big muster on Sunday and instead joined a small complimentary cocktail party put on by the cruise ship for the Barbadian guests during that time.

Entertainment was great for the most part. The first night or two was a little slow since we basically joined Friday when most guests would be ending Sunday. Once new guests joined Sunday however, things really picked up and in the lounges and clubs etc. The sea day really seemed to be lacking in activities to do during the day besides shopping and trivia. Arguably the best part about the entertainment was the cruise director Brittany who was full of energy and made everything even better.

Food in the buffet was okay and there was good variety for the most part but dinner in the dinning room was where food excelled to me. Since we had anytime dinning, didn't really get to know our servers like cruises before but service was great each night.

I loved all the ports and have visited them all at least once before. We did island tours and some shopping in town in pretty much every port except for Puerto Rico where we did a shopping tour at some close by malls and shopping centers. My favourites were St Lucia which included a short hike through a nature trail where we got to sample some local fruits and food and St Martin where we got to see and learn about both the French and the Dutch side of the Island.

Overall great cruise and I can't wait till my next one

bajancruiser24's Full Rating Summary