• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Norwegian Spirit Review

Editor Rating
2031 reviews
38 Awards

AVOID!!Never ever again on this ship - Disappointed at lack of support from NCL!

Review for Norwegian Spirit to the Mediterranean
hsabah
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

Wow.. This was a ridiculous experience. First a couple days before sailing from Rome, we received notice that our trip was postponed by a few days.. and 4 ports were removed. Well, we were supposed to board a flight to Rome on Feb. 8 with sailing on the 11th. Now we were sailing late evening on the 14th and 4 major ports were taken away. No advance notice.. NCL said we had the option to cancel but they would not pay hotel or airfare fees. Well.. hmm. No support. So we changed our flights and had to pay an additional $325 per person. We got to the ship and boarding was fine. But what the heck were they talking about??? Dry Dock... what, the ship looked like it needed to be refurbished. NOTHING worked in our room from lighting to plumbing. The only positive was the balcony. Ridiculous! Customer services was useless. The wait staff and hotel staff were amazing though. The shows were great, Food was terrible for the most part. Ended up having salads most days. Due to all the ships downfalls, NCL said they would reimburse us 25% of the cruise fare as well as give us another 25% credit towards another future cruise with NCL. To date - the reimbursement on the airfare, the cruise fare credit nor the future credit have appeared on any of my invoices. I filed a claim as soon as we hit land.. and told it would be processed but no record of such claim exists per NCL. This is my 11th cruise on NCL. Really .. I am a Platinum Member.. For God's sake customer service is the least they can offer. We were thinking of getting off the ship in Israel.. that's how bad the trip was . But I got sick with the flu (not coronavirus I promise) and wasn't able to get out of bed for 4 days. The ship needs help but what needs help more is the NCL management staff. Is this what has become of NCL. I am shocked. Another positive for the ship was the walking decks.. the pools though were a joke. The pool at the rear of the ship (adults only) was 3 ft deep. No joke. You had to get on your knees to basically cover your back.

One reason my husband and I sail on NCL is because of their Thermal Suites which I was assured was updated and in working order. We join the spa and are granted access to the suite (paid service). Previously we average 2-3 hours per day there. Guess what.. shocker... are you ready???????? IT WASN'T WORKING!!!!!!!! AND NEVER OPENED UP. This was and remains my #1 luxury that I look forward to with every sailing. What a disappointment!

Avoid this ship.. you know what, when the cruises open up again for service... avoid NCL until they get their damn crap together. I was reading reviews from the passengers that stayed on for the next leg of the trip.. sounds like the ship or staff didn't improve much on that journey either.

Mid-Ship Balcony

nothing worked... from the electrical, to the toilet to the shower and the standing water.. to the refrigerator.

7 Helpful Votes