MSC Divina Cruise Review

MSC Divina Cruise Review by Keithlampkin

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I chose Divina for the classic nature of the ship and it’s original itinerary but that had to change because of the nature of covid-19 and that was completely understandable. The ship was absolutely beautiful, just as I was told it would be.

From the start MSC buffered us from the harsh realities of the outside world and encouraged us to stay informed but to relax and let them handle everything, and that they did!

Service was top notch and 5 star with Alvin and Mac as our MDR waiters and Pasquale the maitre D. So wonderful in fact that we were offered an upgrade to the butchers cut and we politely declined because we enjoyed our experience so much with Pasquale, Alvin and Mac and wanted to spend that last night with them and our other table mates.

Top officers of the ship were easily available and accessible most times of the day if you needed anything and very ready to answer any questions or concerns from the captain to the cabin attendants.

Guest relations was extremely helpful with one exception where I was told some people are offered better services than others in the same cabin class, which was wrong information. Overall my experiences were overwhelmingly pleasant and any hiccup was quickly remedied by leadership on Divina.

I was surprised to find that Bella balcony staterooms were larger than fantastica balcony and Bella was less expensive. The room service included with fantastica didn’t make enough of a difference to lose the much needed space and the loss of a sitting area inside the cabin. That needs to be reconsidered. Floor levels aren’t what determines luxury. I’d have gladly paid more more a bigger balcony cabin on a lower floor. You should consider flipping these categories.

There were two hiccups, room service and the one issue with an unqualified guest relations female but both were taken care of quickly and I was extremely happy with the results.

The last issue I had was with photography which I will avoid at all costs in the future due to its bureaucracy and complicated schemes to get more money out of you by scamming you out of package discounts. I was waiting for a time share pitch or used car extended warranty offer to follow. No one seemed to know why it was so complicated and offered no valid reason for the complicated rules and regulations set forth by who knows who and who knows why clearly designed to gouge people. Management was completely castrated to make any concessions to the inane rules and regulations to make a sale so I had to pass and walk away rather than pay double for one picture while a package deal should have included it for half. Any questions or requests to modify a “policy” was met with attitudes as if I were a criminal for asking. The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced and in sharp contrast to everything else onboard Divina. This is your one area to focus on major improvement.

This cruise was filled with twists and turns and changes and surprises every day because of the external virus situation and in all honesty, MSC turned into a mystery tour that anyone would have paid for the experience. They kept us upbeat and confident that everything was handled and for the most part, it certainly was.

From surprise destinations to marriage proposals within the cast of the evening theatre show to whatever... Divina was a very pleasant experience and no one I talked to wanted to leave the ship for the harsh reality of the mainland as we returned. Lifelong friends I made on this beautiful ship that week still talk of commandeering the ship away and starting our own colony at sea with the passengers and crew whom we loved. You’re lucky I can’t manage to steer a boat that large or we might have tried...

Keithlampkin's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Well appointed and clean. Very comfortable bed. Missed having a sitting area inside the cabin.

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Beautiful place. Some of the shops were playing music with very explicit lyrics. That might want to be thought out a little better. Had a feeling it was because their understanding of English wasn’t catching these phrases as being pretty graphic.

Keithlampkin