• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Costa Luminosa Review

Editor Rating

Our mystery cruise was an adventure.

Review for Costa Luminosa to Transatlantic
QAPQAP
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2020
Cabin: Balcony Classic

We liked the itinerary and it was a good value. The ship is beautiful with lots of really wood. It was well maintained and spotless. The itinerary changes due to the Covid-19 virus were NOT THE FAULT OF COSTA, and we believe that the cruise line, the ship's officers and the amazing crew did all that could be done to keep us safe and informed. The in room food service while we were quarantined was delicious and the wine was appreciated. I still can't believe that the kitchen was able to provide so many meals to everyone and our food arrive hot and beautifully presented. My heartfelt thanks to the Chef and his staff. My only regret was that we did not have to opportunity to buy some of the outstanding photographs that were taken of us.

I felt quite safe on the Costa Luminosa where disinfecting was done repeatedly every day. I did find that the US government-provided charter flight home was very risky and exhausting and that the CDC evaluation were not adequate. I understand that people are scared and angry, but taking it out on Costa is irrational.

This was our 34th cruise. We thougt that the on board credit and future cruise discount were generous and we will cruise with Costa again - God willing.

Balcony Classic

Spacious cabin. Lots of storage space. The largest balcony we have ever had on a cruise ship. The air conditioner and the heater worked perfectly. The coffee maker and refrigerator were nice to have.

Find a Costa Luminosa Cruise from $426