Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review
2,976 Reviews

First time I couldn't wait to get off the ship! Horrible!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Nancy62262

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was my 26th cruise and it was by first NOT enjoyable one. The first time I didn't gain weight and the first time we couldn't wait to get the hell off that annoying ship.

The food was absolutely the worst Ive ever had on a cruise. It reminded me of school cafeteria food. The first day we hit the buffet for lunch and both of us were shocked at the lack of selection and low quality. We thought it was a fluke at first but unfortunately, it was the standard. We also tried the "specialty" restaurants. The French restaurant was anything but special. There I had the worst tenderloin I've ever had in my 57 years! This was the first time I've ever eaten less than half of my steak. It was so full gristle I couldn't eat it. This steak would have given my bulldog a run for his money. My husband only ate a couple of bites of his dish as well. Actually we ate just a few bites of everything. The waitress didn't bother asking if anything was wrong. She didn't care. They weren't busy at all either. Then we went to the Italian restaurant where I had the absolute worst meal I've ever had on a ship. Again, we ate about 2-3 bites off each dish and pushed it to the side. The waiter didn't ask if we wanted something else, how was it, is there a problem, etc. Nothing! Then we went to the steakhouse. We both had decent steaks but the rest wasn't so great. The lobster bisque was like tomato soup with a minute amount of lobster on top. Again, the waitress didn't ask how things were. It's obvious to us, nobody gives a crap on this ship! I think they're told to NOT ask if things are ok. The buffet is worth avoiding at all costs. It doesn't matter what time of day, its really low-quality food. The main dining rooms were both very disappointing as well. By day three I was dreading my next meal. We both were. We love to eat but we do have some standards. If you like McDonald's then you'll love their food. If you like Ihop you'll love those horrible omelets with pancake mix added to the eggs. I dont ever eat crap like that!

The layout of this ship was so annoying! We kept getting lost and finding that elevators didnt go to every floor so finding your way away around this ship is a real hassle to say the least. On a funny note, we kept running into other people getting really annoyed with the same thing.

The overall service was very poor throughout the ship. Although it was amazing how suddenly so many employees were smiling and acting like they gave a crap on the last night. Hoping for tips I guess.

They say this ship was recently renovated but I saw many things that needed work. Our balcony had a lot rust on it. When it rained our balcony quickly flooded and chipped paint was then covering our balcony floor. Our toilet stopped working night 4 but it was quickly fixed.

Come to think of it when we first got on board I had to go to the bathroom. I went to the first one I could find which was near where we boarded. When I opened the stall I noticed right away there was no toilet paper in that stall. This was a sign of things to come I guess!

Our favorite part of this terrible cruise was the music by the pool. That's the only highlight.

Never, ever, not even if it's FREE, will we ever cruise NCL again! Actually, the last night we met other people and compared notes. They couldn't get off that ship quick enough either. I'd rather go camping, and I hate camping.

Nancy62262's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

It was average. Not as much storage as I'm used to. Balcony really needs a facelift. The bathroom was decent with door to toilet and decent sized shower. That was my favorite part of the cabin. Our cabin steward was as nice and helpful as he could be. I don't remember his name.

Next Review