3. Celebrity Summit
This is a mixed review. First before I got some facts about our sailing some general comments. We are Elite Celebrity cruisers and chose this sailing and ship as it was last minute and our options were limited. Sailing out of Puerto Rico was wonderful for us (or so we thought) as we spent two lovely days wandering Old San Juan and going to the Bacardi facility for a tour. Boarding the ship everyone's temperature was taken. Check in was immediate as since last year, no lines just scanning of your express pass and your cabins have your sea passes waiting. As our last cruise was on the Reflection, we found ourselves comparing the Summit to our overall experience on the Reflection. Cabin In an AQ midship on Deck 9. There was a huge overhang on right above us which shielded our balcony from the sun which was fine. Was quiet. The colour palette in their refurbished ship was lovely but the cabins had some awkward elements. HATED the chair that replaced the mini sofa as it was way to squishy for two. HATED the obvious last minute small table for this stupid chair as the cabin was not conducive to having breakfast room service. At least they could have had a larger table on the balcony to make up for that. The placement of phone chargers etc could have been better thought out too. BLU and other dining Outstanding management and staff! While the food was delicious, some things seemed to be repeated and the lack of fresh veggies sides continues to be annoying. We chose to eat breakfast at the buffet a few times although Blu's ambiance is so much better. We even asked for the MDR menu a few times for dinner. We ended up doing the seafood lunch at QSine after our ship ended up with two more days (more later). It was a lot of money and too much food but a ice change. It is time Celebrity rethinks its buffet from both a public hygiene and variety point of view. Learn from HAL where no one touches anything and everything is served. As far as variety, we found the salad bar lacking, the cold cuts poor quality, while the fresh bread area outstanding. Hot options could be healthier. While I love Indian food I don't get why it is available every day for lunch and dinner? I would have loved to see wings, ribs, bbq chicken! Aqua Spa was out go for snacks and smoothies. Entertainment and Activities Our sailing clearly had a younger crowd so even for us in our early 60s why Celebrity keeps on using their very talented singers and dancers in some often old school productions is beyond me. Once again HAL (only once but memorable) offers a better range and quality of entertainment. STAFF Captain was amazing and so were all the staff and crew. FINAL COMMENTS Our ship was the last sailing of the Summit before ships had to stop sailing. I believe the crew currently is at sea. We were turned away in San Juan on the day of our intended disembarkation We were told that we were approved by both the CDC and coast guard but after a few hours of negotiation, the government turned us down and we headed to Fort Lauderdale which had preapproved us. This gave us an extra two days at sea, 50% refund and 50% future cruise credit, open bar and free wifi. Great I suppose but.... what angers me about all this is we found out the following after we disembarked 1) the sailing before had someone tested with the virus and now I am reading that our sailing had it did too. Yet not a mention of this by anyone and all passengers continued partying and not confined to their cabins 2) no one was honest with us about the true story and passengers never had our temperatures taken getting off and on the ship at each port or at the end of the cruise. I sent two emails to Celebrity with no response, Not sure how I feel about cruising in the future.

Great until not great!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Mimiya11

BLU and other dining

Entertainment and Activities

STAFF

Captain was amazing and so were all the staff and crew.

FINAL COMMENTS

Not sure how I feel about cruising in the future.
Mimiya11’s Full Rating Summary