3. Costa Fortuna
We chose this cruise because it visited the Countries and Ports we really like. I contacted Costa on 29th February the day before flying into Singapore and they told me the cruise was going ahead as originally planned. We had heard via (Facebook) that Cambodia and Vietnam ports had already been canceled, and I suspected that Thailand and Malaysian Ports were also going to be canceled as well. We arrived in Singapore the next evening, only to be advised this was true, and that all guests were notified via email whilst we were all flying towards Singapore. This was very poor customer service on behalf of this Cruise line, as they put profit well ahead of their Customer Satisfaction and Care protocols. We arrived onto the ship on 3rd March, to a throng of staff wanting to sign us up to drinks packages Starting at 110 Euro per 40 x 200ml soft drink cans. This equated to AUS$5 per drink, and as we were told that NO table water would be available in the dining rooms for meals except breakfast, we were then encouraged to purchase two packages for the entire 16 days cruise. Two days later we arrived into our first Malaysian stop and the day was just stunning, we then moved onto Phuket Thailand when the drama then unfolded. Thailand denied access into Phuket, this then caused a domino effect with all ports thereafter denying us access. Costa advised all passengers that we were heading straight back to Singapore, where we would be bussed straight to the airport, and flown home 9 days early. Even Singapore didn't really want us! To Costas credit, they did organize our flights home early and gave us a cruise credit for the missed ports, however, Costa should have canceled this cruise before any guests had jumped onto a plane two days prior to our departure! They lied to me that ports had not been canceled, and didn't fess up until we all started boarding the ship. Being a regular Princess customer and knowing their very high customer Care standards, we were very disgusted with Costa in providing very minimal communications with their passengers and saw us all as captive guests to touch with every passing day. Would I cruise with Costa again, NO they have burnt me badly with their total lack of Customer Care, seeing all passengers as a fountain for their wealth, and very poor communication skills, they have seen our backs for life!

COSTA is a very disorganised company!

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by 2903happy

• Sail Date: March 2020
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Classic

2903happy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Fortuna price drops

Balcony Classic
Cabin BC
Our balcony cabin was clean, roomy, and very comfortable for this cruise, however, the TV was very small, and had only crap foreign content available on constant repeat, and virtually NO library of movies to chose from.
Lisbona Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins