Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by metadoc

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I was there to dance every night and eat healthy food. I give it 5 stars for that. I will say that the NCL Escape, its' sister ship, was a little better in that regard. It's H2O Spice was larger and it was great for dancing. Also, their Skyline Bar had a dance floor and it was less claustrophobic than the Social was on the Bliss. On the Bliss, half of the Skyline was taken up with casino machines.

We weren't able to go to their private island, due to weather conditions, which has happened before to us, but it wasn't a big problem for me. The seas were too rough for the tenders to go out, so they gave us a each an automatic $32 credit for that.

Due to the coronavirus situation, (and norovirus, of course), they took extra cleanliness precautions. We were not allowed to serve ourselves at the Garden buffet, although we were usually allowed to get our own beverages, which is odd.

There was an error made on our dinner tab at Q, the Texas rib place, but the correction showed up within minutes after we tracked down the right person to talk to, the next day.

We also dined at Le Bistro, the French restaurant, for my birthday. Their food still held up to their previous standards.

This was the very last NCL cruise before all cruises ground to a halt. Sigh...I'm really happy we went, because it may be quite a while before we'll have the opportunity again to hit the seas.

metadoc's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

It was fine, and our steward, Ruel was terrific.

metadoc