MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by cruzingambler

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Suite

Our background: My Husband and I are in our mid 60’s and have enjoyed approx 35 cruises on various lines: Carnival, Princess, RCL, Celebrity, MSC, NCL. Majority of our cruises have been in the Caribbean & Mexico.

We chose the MSC Meraviglia because she is a pretty new ship & we have enjoyed our time on the MSC Divina & Seaside. We wanted to go back to Roatan, one of my favorite ports and our itinerary included this port.

Embarkation was one of the fastest ever. We arrived at 11:30, dropped our bags with the Porter and checked right in (no line at the Aurea desk) we walked right on to the ship from there.

We chose the Aurea package & stayed in cabin 11011. I can’t say enough about this stateroom. It was a suite with separate bedroom & had one of the largest balconies on the ship. We were on the front of the ship with a balcony that included our own Jacuzzi❤️ Best decision ever!! We had one of the Best room Stewards, Emmanuel. We saw him everyday & he always had a smile & a kind word. I hope we meet again on a future cruise❤️

We enjoyed eating in the Panorama restaurant 4 of the 7 nights. We had anytime dining & sat at the same table for 2 near the window in the back of the ship. Ravi was our waiter every night & always made recommendations for us. He greeted us every night & had our selected wine delivered right away! Anna Maria the Dining Room Director stopped by every night to be sure we were enjoying ourselves & asked for feedback of their service & food. I wasn’t disappointed in the food, I actually enjoyed trying new things.

Our package included a dinner & Cirque show. I was worried about the seating arrangements if you had the dinner/show combo based on previous reviews, well I think we had the best table in the room. It was a corner table for 2 with excellent viewing for the show. As I looked around I didn’t think there was poor seating if you have the dinner/show package & I thought the dinner was great! The Salmon was excellent. You did have to pay for wine, you couldn’t use your drink package (if you have one). We ordered a delicious half bottle of Toscana Bianco, it was perfect with our meal.

Our show was Viaggio, it was high paced and raucous.

We went to the theater on 3 evenings & always made a reservation. Seemed to be plenty of seats available in the event you didn’t make reservations. We enjoyed the shows. The Cruise Director Gene did a Great job.

Ship days we enjoyed the Top 19 deck for relaxation & walked around trying drinks at a variety of bars which never seemed crowded.

We had massages at the Aurea Spa. The massages were great but we were disappointed in the thermal area. The thermal area was small in comparison to the Seaside & the whirlpool was weird.

I enjoy Casinos on cruise ships but MSC’s casinos are on the small side & don’t offer enough table games, ex; Let it ride. Played, had fun, could’ve been better

cruzingambler's Full Rating Summary

Aurea Suite

Beautiful. 2 separate rooms (living room/bedroom) each with their own sliding doors leading to the balcony. 2 full closets. Normal size bathroom. Upgraded spa amenities. Huge balcony with separate jacuzzi. Loved it

Costa Maya

Greeted by one of the owners, David, on our arrival. He gave us a tour & introduced us to his staff. We had open bar, delicious drinks & a delicious all you could eat lunch!! Kudos to the team. We had comfortable chairs, a day bed and umbrella on the beach. We also had access, no additional charge) for water chairs & several activities. I have to say I was very impressed & will definitely go back when we return to Costa Maya

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Could not get in to port due to high winds. Maybe next time

cruzingambler