3. MSC Divina
Good price. Six days five night cruise was $179. . Embarkation was average. It takes a bit of time for 2500 people to board a ship so that was not remarkable either way. When we arrived onto the ship we were INUNDATED with a pitch to buy the beverage package about 50 or 60 times in the guest lobby. Once we were given our cabin assignment we were allowed to go to the luncheon. Once again inundated with requests to upgrade our drink package and now our meal package. This continued throughout the cruise. I enjoyed the food on the buffet although the same thing was served on the buffet every day. I didn't care too much for my food in the formal dinning room so we opted to pass after eating there three times although we received better service there. The day spent at Mexico was horrible...we were taken to an area just at the end of the dock which was no more than a souvenir depot. Going to the Bahamas was just a tad better. You are taken to an island owned by MSC which was rather new, so not many fully developed trees and foliage If you werent able to get a tent or some covering you baked. Food was provided from the ship (same buffet food) but there was a charge for all drinks and of course paid to MSC. I was extremely bothered to find that MSC discouraged its passengers to from taking cash to it's island saying that too few of the vendors accepted cash...much better to take your MSC debit card. The few vendors that accepted cash were native Bahamians that had a total of eight stalls the size of a small power room and they only accepted cash. These natives complained that MSC cleverly maneuvered the passenger's from purchasing from them by discouraging cash usage on the island but wanted them there for a look of authenticity. The ship itself was beautiful and kept clean, not so my cabin. Steward was not as helpful or as attentive to cleaning our cabin as I would have like , so I cleaned my own cabin daily. I did not travel with children but appreciated the efforts to be family friendly by providing the same entertainment for families as adults but cleaned up nicely. I will not travel with MSC again because their marketing techniques overshadowed the hospitality focus.

Just Okay