• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Ashleegladysz
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Mar 2020
Cabin: Inside Stateroom

I went on the cruise with my best friend for spring break. We are both 21 years old. I had the time of my life on this cruise, and I’m looking forward to cruising with Norwegian in the future, but there were a few things that surprised me. We were not permitted on the tender boats to go to great stirrup day due to wind. It was really a bummer to get 1 day in the Bahamas on a 7 day cruise. We were also charged an addition tax on any drinks we bought while in port even though we had the drinks package. A $300 deposit came out of both our accounts on the first day that we were not aware of but we got it back. Some employees where rude to us. Especially at The Local. I would avoid that bar and restaurant as much as possible but they are the only place open 24 hours besides room service which is additional fee. Nestor at Sugarcane Mojito Bar make my vacation! He was absolutely wonderful. Everything was extremely clean and sanitary. I thought the food was good at the complimentary places. We didn’t participate in an special entertainment but they have live music all over the boat. I enjoyed getting in the hot tubs but they are limited and crowded most of the time. I enjoyed my 1st cruise and would do it again.

Inside Stateroom

This was a small inside cabin with two twin beds. It worked well for 2 women. Housekeeping was lovely.

Port Reviews

New York (Manhattan)

Added tax added on drinks while in port

Great Stirrup Cay

We were not allowed to go to great stirrup cay. It was a huge disappointment. They ended up crediting us $30 some dollars back on our statements because we didn’t get to go. I was really looking forward to experiencing Norwegians private island.

4 Helpful Votes