3. Voyager of the Seas
My Wife and I had time off organised and we hadn't been on a cruse since we were both 19, so this was our chance to to try cruising again. Ports of call were out of Royal Caribbean's control, due to Covid-19. My major complaint is the up-selling that takes place as soon as your board the ship. We found the price of alcohol on a supposed duty free ship out of this world. I was drinking Lindeman's Bin 85 Pinot Grigio which was being charged at USD9 a glass at the AUD Exchange rate equated to approximately AUD14.15. You can buy this wine in the US at USD8.00 a bottle, in Australia at AUD9.00 per bottle. This to me stinks of daylight robbery. We found that the noise on Deck 11 where the pools were located were very noisy, we also found that at the shows in the Royal Theartre, the singers were drowned out by the level of the band. We found the whole eating experience really good from the Al Carte Breakfasts and Dinners to the the specialty restaurants on board amazing. We ate at Giovannis and Chops Grille and the food and service were amazing. The wait staff were very friendly but at the same time very professional. Our cabin was a balcony cabin right at the back of the ship which meant that we were doing a fair bit of exercise walking between our cabin and the stairs/lifts. Our balcony cabin was had a steel wall between it and the next cabin which made it very private compared to other balcony cabins. We only had two excursions off the ship, the first was one I organised prior to leaving Sydney for a 6 hour tour of Noumea. The other shore excursion was Mystery Island which was a tender excursion to this lovely little island. The service by all ship staff was amazing considering the number of changes to our itinerary from the day we stepped aboard to disembarkation in Sydney.

Overpriced and Noisy

JAC646’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D
We found that the cabin was always clean and comfortable.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins