3. Crown Princess
I chose this cruise last Fall because of the ports, length of time in port, and the sailing date. I had sailed on the Crown Princess in 2019 and was happy with that experience. By the time we sailed much had changed. The Coronavirus was escalating slowly when we left Port Everglades so our major change was skipping Princess Cays and a revision to our itinerary. As far as the crew and fellow passengers knew all guests remained healthy throughout the trip. We entered every port and enjoyed all that a cruise has to offer. Enhanced cleaning and precautions caused me to feel safe. As we got toward the end of the cruise many of us were worried about the world we faced upon disembarkation. We were able to relax and enjoy our 10 day cruise while vacationing. The ports were varied and lovely. We met some incredibly nice people from the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom and Canada. We enjoyed the comedy shows. Both comedians were great and provided conversation starters at dinner. The weather was perfect for 8 of the 10 days.

An oasis of calm in trying times

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Winter Escapist

Winter Escapist’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB
Although small we knew that would be the case. The closets are more than sufficient and we had enough room for the little time we spent there.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

Activities: I enjoyed the Zumba classes in the mornings we were at sea. The Love Boat deck party was fun to be a part of. The comedy shows were fantastic. I also enjoyed Voice of the Ocean but didnt get to see the finale since I was dining late. Sea Days were mostly spent soaking up the sun on deck.

Shore excursion: The St. Thomas sunset cruise was cancelled since we left port prior to sunset. Ive taken this excursion before and thoroughly enjoyed it. On this cruise I opted for the sailing trip in St. Lucia to Marigot Bay, a beach and the Pitons. Both the fellow guests and excursion staff made it a fun and lovely morning.

Most ports led me to a beach on my own. Local taxi drivers brought me to Valley Church Beach in Antigua, Browns Beach in Barbados, and Cockleshell Bay in St. Kitts. All beaches were beautiful and travel was easy. Unfortunately the weather prevented me from beaching on St. Thomas. But we did use a local taxi driver to get a nice tour of the island including Bluebeards Castle and Mountain Top.

We opted for Anytime Dining on this cruise and were so glad we did. We shared tables each time we dined and met some incredibly nice people from all over the world who shared their activities and lives with us. We chose to eat at Crown Grill two times on our ten day cruise because the steak is awesome!