3. Independence of the Seas
This was our annual organizations cruise and we were not informed till about the day before that we were not going to our original destinations, Labadee and Falmouth but to Nassau and Coco Cay. I don't care for Nassau and that's not where I prefer to go. We had no choice. They told us it was due to the weather, though in hindsight it seems like that was not really the case but that Jamaica would not let us port there. All the shore excursions were cancelled and even when others, not us, rescheduled for the new destinations those were cancelled to, last minute. It was so windy the first few days we couldn't do much of anything on the decks and activities were cancelled. All this was extremely disappointing to all the nurses on this cruise with us. The food was also not as good as I remember it being on our previous cruises. The dining room staff were terrific but the food was just not very good. The Windjammer café was somewhat better but hot dogs were always my go to because they are always delicious and thick. We always love the trivia and music performances and the game shows. These are the highlights especially if everything else you want to do is a bust. Other's in our group have had trouble getting money back for their excursions or were charges double for something that was originally half the price. There were no apologies or compensation in any way from Royal Caribbean. This is disappointing because we have cruised with them before and been very happy. We did not have children with us but some of the other cruisers did and as it was a spring break week we had lots of families and young adults on the cruise. I know a lot of this was disappointing for them too. By the way, the cruise we were rerouted to and the cruise we paid for were hundreds of dollars different and we didn't get any of that back either.

Gyped nurses

hminyard’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D
Can't tell you which one of the Ds above our balcony room was but I loved it. It spoiled me being able to go out, when it wasn't terribly wind and cold, and sit on the balcony or look out through the door to the view. Our steward was very good to us and kept things in top shape. Couldn't have asked for a better place. Only one thing sucked, the beds. They were hard as a board.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins